Donald Trump is officially the first President who openly supports conspiracy theories; his recent statements about Sweden were questioned, and soon after were backed up by riots within the Swedish government. A storm of tweets from the President on Saturday was also met with controversy from both sides of the political landscape.
The release of WikiLeaks “Vault7” relieves the spotlight from Trump’s privacy invasion claims and shines attention onto the CIA for it’s systematic approach to cyber warfare. The “Vault7” leak is a blueprint for the hacking capabilities of the Central Intelligence Agency. What does this mean for technological investments and public trust? Stocks of AVG have fallen since the WikiLeaks revelation.
We take a look into VAULT7.
1. Harpy Eagle –
- Project Protocol for infiltration of the Apple Airport Extreme & Airport Time Capsule.
- Allows remote installation of rootkit via the flash storage.
2. Sparrowhawk –
- Receives and processes keystrokes from personal computers, and assembles them in a merged format across Unix systems.
- Gain remote access to Samsung Smart TV’S.
- Turn on or leave WiFi turned on in Fake-Off mode.
- WiFi interface is disabled in Fake-Off mode.
- In Fake-Off mode, the Samsung and SmartHub logos are not shown.
- Activate microphone and video capability.
- CIA hackers have penetrated antivirus programs such as AVG.
- AVG stocks have been at a constant freefall since the news.
- Allows access to hack and control your phone.
From the Wikileaks description:
“These techniques permit the CIA to bypass the encryption of WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Wiebo, Confide and Cloackman by hacking the “smart” phones that they run on and collecting audio and message traffic before encryption is applied.”
|Weaponized/Delivered Name||Proof-of-Concept Name||Contract/Partner||Description||Affected Devices||Type|
Used in conjunction with NightMonkey
|BaronSamedi||Anglerfish||remote access (libxml2)||Remote access|
And let’s not forget to mention the ability to hack your car.
This is an official PROJECT ASTRAL article.
– Press Graye